Bobby Timmons’s "Moanin’," Art Blakey and the Jazz Messengers (drums: Art Blakey, trumpet: Lee Morgan, tenor sax: Benny Golson, piano: Bobby Timmons, bass: Jymie Merritt), ca. 1958-1959.
Smithsonian Artifact Featured in this Video
Drumstick used by Art BlakeyView More about Drumstick used by Art Blakey
- A drumstick with a tapered wood tip. The stick is wood and cylindrical with one rounded end and one tapered end with a small cone-shaped tip. There are small gouges on the tapered area of the stick, and the stick is cracked and missing material from two areas on the shaft.
- Data Source
- National Museum of African American History and Culture
- Manufactured by
- Used by
- Art Blakey, American, 1919 - 1990
- Credit Line
- Collection of the Smithsonian National Museum of African American History and Culture, Gift of Peter Bradley
- H x W x D: 15 7/8 × 5/8 × 5/8 in. (40.3 × 1.6 × 1.6 cm)