Richard Kurin talks about his early experience at the Folklife Festival in Washington, DC along the national mall.
Smithsonian Artifact Featured in this Video
Cajun Musicians at the First Folklife FestivalView More about Cajun Musicians at the First Folklife Festival
- Smithsonian Museum
- Smithsonian Archives - History Div
- Historic Images of the Smithsonian
- Featured in the "Torch," July 1967
- Cajun musicians stage an impromptu concert at the first Festival of American Folklife. The Louisiana entertainers were among the numerous ethnic performers at the festival on July 1-4, 1967.
- Contained within
- Smithsonian Institution Archives, Record Unit 371, Box 1, Folder: July 1967
- Contact information
- Institutional History Division, Smithsonian Archives, 600 Maryland Avenue, SW, Washington, D.C. 20024-2520, SIHistory@si.edu
- Group, candid