- National Museum of African American History and Culture Collection 3
- Music & Musical Instruments 2
- Musical Crossroads 2
- NMAAHC (1400 Constitution Ave NW), National Mall Location, Culture/Fourth Floor, 4 053 2
- National Portrait Gallery Collection 2
- Art 1
- Clothing-Costume 1
- Cultural and Community Life: Musical Instruments 1
- Hirshhorn Museum and Sculpture Garden Collection 1
- Musical Instruments 1
Rock and Roll
Any old way you choose it, for many, it's got to be rock and roll music.
As you explore our collections and videos below, don't miss Chuck Berry’s Cadillac. This Cadillac was driven on stage at the Fox Theater in St. Louis in the documentary, Hail! Hail! Rock and Roll! It was the same theater that turned him away as a child because he was black. See An Exploration of Smithsonian Collections Featuring African American Music from Smithsonian Music; hear from Wanda Jackson, the "First Lady" of rock and roll; watch a webcast with rock icon Van Halen as he discusses his American journey; and more.