On the Train to Charleston, South Carolina - Snow
- Historic Images of the Smithsonian
- This image was taken by Ruel P. Tolman, former Director of Smithsonian National Collection of Fine Arts, while on a train trip to Charleston, South Carolina, and is included in a scrapbook of photographs of Smithsonian staff, grounds and buildings, exhibitions, and Washington, D.C. scenes (Section C).
- See Negative Numbers SIA2011-0538, SIA2011-0538, SIA2011-0539, SIA2011-0540, SIA2011-0739, SIA2011-0740, SIA2011-0745 for other photographs that Tolman took while on the train to Charleston, South Carolina.
- For images taken in Charleston, see Negatives SIA2011-0530, SIA2011-0531, SIA2011-0532, SIA2011-0533, SIA2011-0534, SIA2011-0535, SIA2011-0536, SIA2011-0527.
- On the train to Charleston, South Carolina, an image of the train's door covered with snow .
- Contained within
- Smithsonian Institution Archives, Record Unit 7433, Box 3, Folder: Scrapbook A-N
- Contact information
- Institutional History Division, Smithsonian Archives, 600 Maryland Avenue, SW, Washington, D.C. 20024-2520, SIHistory@si.edu
- Data Source
- Smithsonian Archives - History Div
- Tolman, Ruel P (Ruel Pardee) 1878-1954
- c. 1935
- Physical description
- Number of Images: 1; Color: Sepia; Size: 2.25w x 2.25h; Type of Image: Object; Exterior; Medium: Photographic print
- Photographic print