Music for Smithsonian Polka by W. Bergman
- Historic Images of the Smithsonian
- Neg. # 92-2053 is a color negative of the cover sheet. Neg. # 82-3240 is a black and white negative of the cover sheet. The original sheet music is in Accession 99-031. See also Negative #'s 82-3242, 82-3243, and 82-3244 for photographs of the rest of the sheet music.
- Page 1 of the musical score (4 pages) "The Smithsonian Polka," composed by W. Bergman, a Washington, D.C. music teacher. The music was probably written to commemorate the opening of the newly completed Smithsonian Institution Building, the Castle. The original sheet music was given to Charles D. Walcott, fourth Secretary (1907-1927) of the Smithsonian Institution, by Mrs. Herbert Hoover in 1924.
- Contained within
- Smithsonian Institution Archives, Record Unit 95, Box 66, Folder 15
- Contact information
- Institutional History Division, Smithsonian Institution Archives, 600 Maryland Avenue, S.W., Washington, D.C. 20024-2520, SIHistory@si.edu
- Data Source
- Smithsonian Archives - History Div
- Bergman, W
- Smithsonian Polka
- Physical description
- Color: Black and White; Size: 8w x 10h; Type of Image: Document; Medium: Photographic print
- Photographic print