(World War I Memorial), (sculpture)
- Save Outdoor Sculpture, Pennsylvania survey, 1994.
- Image on file.
- (On sculpture near globe, in script:) G. Moretti (On side of base:) ERECTED BY/THE CITIZENS/OF THE SEVENTH/AND ELEVENTH WARDS/OF THE CITY OF/WILLIAMSPORT/AND WOODARD/AND OLD/LYCOMING TOWNSHIPS/IN MEMORY OF/THE SOLDIERS/SAILORS AND NURSES/WHO SERVED/IN THE WORLD WAR (350 names are listed on panels on the remaining seven sides of the base) signed
- The information provided about this artwork was compiled as part of the Smithsonian American Art Museum's Inventories of American Painting and Sculpture database, designed to provide descriptive and location information on artworks by American artists in public and private collections worldwide.
- Full-length female figure. She wears a long flowing gown and sandals and stands on a half-globe. In her proper right hand she holds high a torch. In her proper left hand she holds a tablet. Her gaze is directed upward. The metal sculpture stands on a concrete or stone octagonal base which ends in two steps.
- Data Source
- Art Inventories Catalog, Smithsonian American Art Museums
- Moretti, Giuseppe 1857-1935
- Ca. 1925
- Sculpture: metal; Base: concrete or stone
- Sculptures-Outdoor Sculpture