Soldier's Monument, (sculpture)
- Save Outdoor Sculpture, Massachusetts survey, 1997.
- The monument is composed of four siege guns that were cast at Alger's Foundry in 1949, but were stored at the Charlestown Navy Yard and never used. Three of the guns are arranged in a tripod and the fourth rests vertically on top. A pile of cannonballs is arranged beneath the tripod. The sculpture rests on a square granite base.
- Data Source
- Art Inventories Catalog, Smithsonian American Art Museums
- 1901. Dedicated May 30, 1902
- Sculpture: painted iron; Base: granite
- Sculptures-Outdoor Sculpture