33rd Massachusetts Infantry Monument, (sculpture)
- Save Outdoor Sculpture, Pennsylvania survey, 1995.
- Image on file.
- (Incised on two sides:) 33 (On plaque:) THE/THIRTY THIRD MASSACHUSETTS INFANTRY/DETACHED FROM THE SECOND BRIGADE, SECOND/DIVISION, ELEVENTH CORPS, ON JULY SECOND 1863,/AFTER SUPPORTING THE BATTERIES IN ACTION ON/CEMETERY HILL, WHILE IN POSITION IN A LINE/EXTENDING WESTWARD FROM NEAR THIS SPOT,/WITHSTOOD AND ASSISTED IN REPULSING A CHARGE/OF THE ENEMY'S INFANTRY IN ITS FRONT,/LOSS IN THE BATTLE EIGHT KILLED, THIRTY SIX WOUNDED. unsigned
- The information provided about this artwork was compiled as part of the Smithsonian American Art Museum's Inventories of American Painting and Sculpture database, designed to provide descriptive and location information on artworks by American artists in public and private collections worldwide.
- Data Source
- Art Inventories Catalog, Smithsonian American Art Museums
- Flaherty, John
- Dedicated Oct. 8, 1885
- Sculpture: grey granite with bronze plaque; Base: granite
- Sculptures-Outdoor Sculpture