Ross's Landing Park and Plaza, (sculpture)
- Save Outdoor Sculpture, Tennessee survey, 1993.
- Thirty-five time bands which start at 2nd and Broad Streets with the year 1992, and end on the banks of the Tennessee River to indicate the beginning of life. Recorded in the park and plaza are historical milestones -- Civil War (cannonballs); Civil Rights movement (Martin Luther King, Jr. quote on entry arch parapet); Cherokee Indian heritage; Railroad Industry; First Coca Cola Bottling Plant; music of Bessie Smith (magnolia blossom); Glenn Miller Orchestra (Chattanooga Choo Choo music and lyrics along railroad tracks); and Spanish explorers impact. Three "lifted landscapes" (Broken Walkway, Lifted Landscape, and Entrance) appear.
- Data Source
- Art Inventories Catalog, Smithsonian American Art Museums
- Townsend, Stan
- Wines, James 1932-
- Mackie, Jack 1946-
- Robert Seals Architects architectural firm
- Dedicated May 1, 1992
- Sculptures-Outdoor Sculpture