- Original film available in SIA Acc. 11-009.
- Featured in the "Torch," August 1977.
- John Rusk as Uncle Sam with young celebration attendee on the terrace of the National Museum of History and Technology, now known as the National Museum of American History, with Washington Monument in view in the background.
- From Torch article: "No Fourth of July celebration would be complete without him, so the Smithsonian's Division of Performing Arts searched until it found a perfect Uncle Sam in the person of John Rusk of Oxon Hill, Md."
- Cite as
- Smithsonian Institution Archives, Record Unit 371, Box 02, Folder: August 1977, Image No. 77-8840-17A
- Repository Loc.
- Smithsonian Institution Archives Capital Gallery, Suite 3000, MRC 507; 600 Maryland Avenue, SW; Washington, DC 20024-2520
- Data Source
- Smithsonian Institution Archives
- Hofmeister, Richard K
- Smithsonian Institution Office of Public Affairs
- National Museum of History and Technology
- Smithsonian Institution Division of Performing Arts
- July 4, 1977
- Physical description
- Gelatin silver prints; 10 x 8;
- Black-and-white photographs
The Smithsonian Institution Archives welcomes personal and educational use of its collections unless otherwise noted. For commercial uses, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
International media Interoperability Framework
IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.