Great Auk Skeleton Mounted for Exhibit
- Collected by Frederic A. Lucas, osteologist and assistant curator of the Department of Comparative Anatomy at the United States National Museum, at Funk Island, Newfoundland, Canada, while on an expedition with the United States Fish Commission schooner "Grampus."
- Cite as
- Smithsonian Institution Archives, Acc. 11-007, Box 018, Image No. MNH-4284
- Repository Loc.
- Smithsonian Institution Archives Capital Gallery, Suite 3000, MRC 507; 600 Maryland Avenue, SW; Washington, DC 20024-2520
- Data Source
- Smithsonian Institution Archives
- United States National Museum Photographic Laboratory
- Lucas, Frederic A (Frederic Augustus) 1852-1929
- United States National Museum
- United States National Museum Department of Comparative Anatomy
- Physical description
- 10 x 8;
- Glass negatives
This image is in the public domain (free of copyright restrictions). You can copy, modify, and distribute this work without contacting the Smithsonian. For more information, visit the Smithsonian's Open Access page.