- This is the garrison flag which flew over Fort McHenry in Baltimore, Maryland, during the attack by the British fleet in 1814 and inspired Francis Scott Key (a Georgetown, D.C. lawyer) to write the words to what is now the U.S. National Anthem.
- Cite as
- Smithsonian Institution Archives, Record Unit 285, Image No. SIA2010-3454
- Repository Loc.
- Smithsonian Institution Archives, Capital Gallery, Suite 3000, MRC 507; 600 Maryland Avenue, SW; Washington, DC 20024-2520
- Data Source
- Smithsonian Institution Archives
- National Museum of History and Technology (U.S.)
- Physical description
- Black-and-white photographs
The Smithsonian Institution Archives welcomes personal and educational use of its collections unless otherwise noted. For commercial uses, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
International media Interoperability Framework
IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.