Readings from the Ramayana and Bhagavad Gita sound recording
- Cover design by Irwin Rosenhouse.
- Introduction and text notes in English by Dr. S.R. Ranganathan, with Sanskrit text ( p.) inserted in original container.
- Read by S.R. Ranganathan, T.M.P. Mahadevan, and Swami Nikhilananda.
- Related materials may be found in the Moses and Frances Asch Collection, also held by this repository. Related materials may include correspondence between the studio, producers, and/or performers; original cover art designs; original production materials; business records; and audiotapes from studio production.
- Track information
- 101. Reading from the Ramayana: Chapters 31, 35, 36 of the Fifth Book known as Sundarakanda / Sanskrit
- 102. Brahma's Hymns: Chapter 117 of the Sixth Book known as Yudhakanda / S.R. Ranganathan. Sanskrit
- 201. 53rd-73rd Verses, Chapter 2 / T.M.P. Mahadevan. Sanskrit
- 202. 53rd-73rd Verses, Chapter 2 / Swami Nikhilananda
- Publisher number
- FL 9920 Folkways Records
- FP 92 Folkways Records
- Repository Loc.
- Smithsonian Institution, Center for Folklife and Cultural Heritage, Ralph Rinzler Folklife Archives and Collections, 600 Maryland Ave., S.W., Suite 2001, Washington, D.C. 20024. Call 202-633-7322 for appointment. Fax: 202-633-7019. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Data Source
- Ralph Rinzler Folklife Archives and Collections
- Ranganathan, S.R. (Shiyali Ramamrita) 1892-1972
- Mahadevan, T.M.P.
- Nikhilananda, Swami
- cover designer
- Rosenhouse, Irwin
- Uniform title
- Bhagavadgītā. English & Sanskrit
- Mahābhārata. English. Selections
- Physical description
- 1 phonograph record : analog, 33 1/3 rpm ; 12 in
- Phonograph records