Kora music from the Gambia sound recording / played by Foday Musa Suso
- Notes by Roderic Knight, with notation of kora tunings and bibliography, in booklet (8 p.) inserted in original cover.
- Cover design by Ronald Clyne. Photographs by Verna Gillis.
- Foday Musa Suso, kora and vocals.
- Recorded in Accra, Ghana, in July 1976 by Gillis and Perez Martinez.
- Related materials may be found in the Moses and Frances Asch Collection, also held by this repository. Related materials may include correspondence pertaining to the recording, original cover art designs, production materials, business records, and audiotapes from studio production.
- Track information
- 101. "Kelefaba" and "Kuruntu Kelefa" (Tomoraba Tuning)
- 102. "Sunjata" (Sauta Tuning)
- 103. "Tira Makan" (Tomoraba Tuning)
- 201. "Apollo" (Sauta Tuning)
- 202. "Jula Jekere" (Hardino Tuning)
- 203. "Juku Te Nte Sorola" (Sauta Tuning)
- 204. "Mama Manneh" (Hardino Tuning)
- Publisher number
- FW 8510 Folkways Records
- Repository Loc.
- Smithsonian Institution, Center for Folklife and Cultural Heritage, Ralph Rinzler Folklife Archives and Collections, 600 Maryland Ave., S.W., Suite 2001, Washington, D.C. 20024. Call 202-633-7322 for appointment. Fax: 202-633-7019. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Data Source
- Ralph Rinzler Folklife Archives and Collections
- Suso, Foday Musa
- Gillis, Verna
- Perez Martinez, Ramon Daniel
- Physical description
- 1 phonograph record : analog, 33 1/3 rpm ; 12 in
- Phonograph records