- Luce Center Label
- The portraits of Mr. and Mrs. Tredwell are double-sided. These miniatures are thought to be after John Trumbull, but not done by him. The husband is shown in an elegant maroon frock coat, black waistcoat and white cravat, while his wife is less formally dressed in a large frilled cap and lace shawl.
- Data Source
- Smithsonian American Art Museum
- Attributed to
- John Trumbull, born Lebanon, CT 1756-died New York City 1843
- Mrs. Tredwell
- 19th century
- Credit Line
- Smithsonian American Art Museum, Bequest of Mary Elizabeth Spencer
- watercolor on ivory
- image (oval): 2 1/2 x 2 in. (6.3 x 5.0 cm)
This image is in the public domain (free of copyright restrictions). You can copy, modify, and distribute this work without contacting the Smithsonian. For more information, visit the Smithsonian's Open Access page.