Mrs. Nathaniel Parkinson
- Luce Center Label
- This miniature was originally attributed to the artist William Dunlap, but research has since proved this not to be the case. We do not know the life of Mrs. Nathaniel Parkinson, but her cap suggests that this portrait was painted in the first half of the nineteenth century.
- Data Source
- Smithsonian American Art Museum
- Nathaniel Mrs. Parkinson
- late 18th - early 19th century
- Credit Line
- Smithsonian American Art Museum, Bequest of Mary Elizabeth Spencer
- watercolor on ivory
- image (oval): 2 5/8 x 2 1/8 in. (6.7 x 5.4 cm)
This image is in the public domain (free of copyright restrictions). You can copy, modify, and distribute this work without contacting the Smithsonian. For more information, visit the Smithsonian's Open Access page.