"We are not afraid to entrust the American people with unpleasant facts, foreign ideas, alien philosophies, and competitive values. For a nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people."--John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962. From the series Great Ideas.
- Data Source
- Smithsonian American Art Museum
- Kenneth Josephson, born Detroit, MI 1932
- Credit Line
- Smithsonian American Art Museum, Gift of Container Corporation of America
- flag, stamps, picture frame, chain, and magnifying glass
- 21 1/2 x 18 in. (54.6 x 45.7 cm.)