Old Arrow Maker
- Luce Object Quote
- "At the doorway of his wigwamSat the ancient Arrow-maker…At his side, in all her beauty,Sat the lovely Minnehaha"
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow, Song of Hiawatha, first published 1855
- Data Source
- Smithsonian American Art Museum
- Edmonia Lewis, born Greenbush (now Rensselaer), NY 1844-died London, England 1907
- modeled 1866, carved 1872
- Credit Line
- Smithsonian American Art Museum, Gift of Joseph S. Sinclair
- carved marble
- 21 1/2 x 13 5/8 x 13 3/8 in. (54.5 x 34.5 x 34.0 cm.)
This image is in the public domain (free of copyright restrictions). You can copy, modify, and distribute this work without contacting the Smithsonian. For more information, visit the Smithsonian's Open Access page.