Along the Riva
- Luce Center Label
- Eugene Vail made several trips to Venice and was fascinated by its rich colors, unique architecture, and exotic citizens. Along the Riva shows two women strolling along the canal, with gondolas in the background. Their elegant clothing and serene expressions evoke the relaxed, luxurious lifestyle of American tourists in Europe.
- Data Source
- Smithsonian American Art Museum
- Eugene Laurent Vail, born St. Servan, France 1857-died Paris, France 1934
- Credit Line
- Smithsonian American Art Museum, Gift of Mrs. Eugene Vail
- oil on canvas
- 45 3/8 x 32 in. (115.3 x 81.2 cm)
This image is in the public domain (free of copyright restrictions). You can copy, modify, and distribute this work without contacting the Smithsonian. For more information, visit the Smithsonian's Open Access page.