44c Katharine Hepburn single
- On May 12, 2010, in Old Saybrook, Connecticut, the Postal Service issued a 44-cent Katharine Hepburn commemorative stamp.
- The stamp, designed by Derry Noyes of Washington, DC, as part of the Legends in Hollywood series, honors Katharine Hepburn, one of America's most fascinating and enduring film stars. The portrait used is a publicity still from the film 'Woman of the Year' (MGM, 1942). The photographer was Clarence S. Bull. The selvage image shows Hepburn as she appeared in the play "West Side Waltz" (photo by Steve Schapiro).
- Avery Dennison printed 50 million stamps using the gravure process. The stamps appeared in a pressure-sensitive pane of twenty stamps.
- Reference: Postal Bulletin (April 8, 2010)
- Data Source
- National Postal Museum
- May 12, 2010
- Credit line
- Copyright United States Postal Service. All rights reserved.
- paper; ink / photogravure
- Postage Stamps