34c Year of the Horse single
- The Postal Service issued a 34-cent 2002 Lunar New Year, Year of the Horse commemorative stamp in New York, New York, on February 11, 2002. The stamp, designed and illustrated by Clarence Lee of Honolulu, Hawaii, went on sale nationwide January 15, 2002.
- In the 2002 Chinese lunar calendar, the Year of the Horse began on February 12. The US Postal Service marked the occasion with the issuance of the tenth stamp in the award-winning Lunar New Year Series.
- The Banknote Corporation of America, Inc., printed 70 million stamps in the offset process with microprinting "USA." The stamp was issued in a pressure sensitive adhesive (PSA) pane of twenty.
- Postal Bulletin (December 13, 2001).
- Data Source
- National Postal Museum
- January 8, 2002
- Credit line
- Copyright United States Postal Service. All rights reserved.
- paper; ink (multicolored) / lithographed
- Postage Stamps