39c Ella Fitzgerald single
- The Postal Service issued a 39-cent Ella Fitzgerald commemorative stamp on January 10, 2007, in New York, New York. The thirtieth stamp in the Black Heritage Series honors Ella Fitzgerald, the singer who was widely known as "the first lady of song." Art director Ethel Kessler lauds the stamp portrait by illustrator Paul Davis, of New York, for the way it captures the joy and excitement of Fitzgerald's art.
- The 150 million stamps were printed in the offset process by Ashton-Potter (USA), Ltd., with microprinting "USPS".
- Postal Bulletin (December 7, 2006).
- Data Source
- National Postal Museum
- January 10, 2007
- Credit line
- Copyright United States Postal Service. All rights reserved.
- paper; ink (multicolor) / lithographed
- Postage Stamps