37c Martha Graham single
- The 37-cent American Choreographers commemorative stamps were issued on May 4, 2004, in Newark, New Jersey. Ethel Kessler of Bethesda, Maryland, designed the stamps.
- The stamps honor four extraordinary choreographers -- George Balanchine, Martha Graham, Agnes de Mille, and Alvin Ailey. Each left a profound mark on the language of dance. Each stamp contains a collage that features a photographic portrait of the choreographer. Some of the stamps also show members of the choreographer's company dancing.
- Ashton-Potter (USA), Ltd., printed 57 million stamps in the offset process.
- Postal Bulletin (April 29, 2004).
- Data Source
- National Postal Museum
- Ashton-Potter USA (Ltd)
- May 4, 2004
- Credit line
- Copyright United States Postal Service. All rights reserved.
- paper; ink (multicolor); self-adhesive
- Height x Width: 1 × 1 9/16 in. (2.54 × 3.97 cm)
- Postage Stamps