37c Music single
- The Postal Service issued the American Filmmaking: Behind the Scenes pressure- sensitive adhesive souvenir sheet of ten stamps, on February 25, 2003, in Beverly Hills, California. The stamps, designed by Imaginary Forces, Hollywood, California, went on sale nationwide on February 26, 2003.
- Issued to coincide with the 75th anniversary celebration of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences, these stamps honor American filmmaking -- all of those multi- talented, highly skilled men and women who work behind the scenes to create moving magic. As can be seen in the long list of credits trailing every motion picture, filmmaking is a uniquely collaborative endeavor, requiring the vision, expertise, and best efforts of scores of artists and crafts persons. Text on the back of each stamp describes the responsibilities, skills, and talents of people involved in one particular area of filmmaking.
- The Sennett Security Corporation, located at the American Packing Corporation in Columbus, Wisconsin, printed the stamp in the gravure process. Seventy million stamps were printed.
- Postal Bulletin (February 6, 2003).
- serpentine die cut 11 horiz.
- Data Source
- National Postal Museum
- February 25, 2003
- Credit line
- Copyright United States Postal Service. All rights reserved.
- paper; ink / photogravure
- Postage Stamps