37c Nellie Bly single
- The Postal Service issued four 37-cent Women in Journalism commemorative stamps on September 14, 2002, in Fort Worth, Texas. The stamps, designed and illustrated by Fred Otnes of West Redding, Connecticut, went on sale nationwide September 15, 2002.
- In 2002, the Postal Service paid tribute to four accomplished women in journalism with this pane of twenty stamps. Each woman journalist is honored on a postage stamp for the first time. Nellie Bly, Ida M. Tarbell, Marguerite Higgins, and Ethel L. Payne blazed the trail for women in the field of journalism and entered the field of investigative journalism, war correspondence, and political reporting. Through their work they won awards and fame and opened doors for future women journalists.
- Sennett Security Products printed 61 million stamps in the gravure process. The stamp was issued in a pressure-sensitive adhesive (PSA) pane of twenty stamps.
- Postal Bulletin (August 8, 2002).
- Data Source
- National Postal Museum
- American Packaging Corporation
- September 14, 2002
- Credit line
- Copyright United States Postal Service. All rights reserved.
- paper; ink (multicolor); self-adhesive
- Height x Width: 1 1/4 × 1 9/16 in. (3.18 × 3.97 cm)
- Postage Stamps