- The Postal Service issued the nondenominated Wavy Flag definitive stamp (37-cent value) on June 7, 2002, in Washington, DC. The stamp, designed and illustrated by Terrence W. McCaffrey, US Postal Service, Washington, DC, features the stars and stripes of "Old Glory."
- The stamp was available in multiple formats (panes, coils, and booklets; self-stick and water-activated adhesives; offset and gravure printing methods) produced by six different printing firms. Collectors have identified six major varieties.
- Postal Bulletin (May 16, 2002)
- This Definitive Issue stamp features the red, white and blue stars and stripes of a waving United States flag.
- United States; flag; stars; stripes
- Data Source
- National Postal Museum
- Ashton-Potter USA (Ltd)
- June 7, 2002
- Credit line
- Copyright United States Postal Service. All rights reserved.
- paper; ink (multicolored); self-adhesive
- Height x Width: 1 x 13/16 in. (2.54 x 2.06 cm)
- Postage Stamps
International media Interoperability Framework
IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.