- The Postal Service issued a 32-cent Alfred Hitchcock commemorative stamp on August 3, 1998, in Los Angeles, California. This was an addition to the Legends of Hollywood Series.
- Alfred Hitchcock (1899-1980) was a British filmmaker and producer largely known for films of the suspense and thriller genres. On the stamp appears a laser cut profile of Hitchcock in the upper left corner.
- Designed by Richard Sheaff of Scottsdale, Arizona, the stamps were printed by Senett Security Products in the gravure process.
- Postal Bulletin (July 16, 1998).
- Scott 2007 Specialized Catalogue of United States Stamps and Covers. Scott Publishing Co. (October 2006): 244.
- LEGENDS OF HOLLYWOOD
- Alfred Hitchcock
- 32-cent mint single
- Issued August 3, 1998
- Data Source
- National Postal Museum
- Alfred Hitchcock, British, 1899 - 1980
- American Packaging Corporation
- August 3, 1998
- Credit line
- Copyright United States Postal Service. All rights reserved.
- paper; ink (multicolor); adhesive
- 4 x 2.5 cm (1 9/16 x 1 in.)
- Postage Stamps
International media Interoperability Framework
IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.