- The Celebrate The Century: 1980s souvenir sheet was issued on January 13, 2000, in Titusville, Florida. Designed by Carl Herrman of Carlsbad, California, and illustrated by Robert Rodriguez of Pasadena, California, the souvenir sheet features 1980s subjects from the following categories: People and Events, Arts and Entertainment, Lifestyles, Sports, and Science and Technology.
- The fifteen commemorative stamps on this sheet are titled: Space Shuttle Program; Musical Smash "CaliforniaTS"; San Francisco 49ers; Hostages Come Home; Figure Skating; Cable TV; Vietnam Veterans Memorial; Compact Discs; Cabbage Patch Kids; Hit Comedy "The Cosby Show"; Fall of the Berlin Wall; Video Games; "E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial"; Personal Computers; and Hip-hop Culture.
- Ashton-Potter (USA), Ltd., printed 90 million stamps in the offset process.
- Postal Bulletin (December 2, 1999).
- CELEBRATE THE CENTURY
- Hip-hop culture
- 33-cent mint single
- Issued January 12, 2000
- Data Source
- National Postal Museum
- Ashton-Potter USA (Ltd)
- January 12, 2000
- Credit line
- Copyright United States Postal Service. All rights reserved.
- paper; ink (multicolor); adhesive
- Height x Width: 1 3/16 × 1 3/16 in. (3.02 × 3.02 cm)
- Postage Stamps
International media Interoperability Framework
IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.