Liter Block Model, Moving with Metric
- When folded, this flat paper object becomes a cube 10 centimeters on a side, and hence has a volume of 1000 cubic centimeters or one liter. The sides discuss units of volume, length, mass and temperature in the metric system in the context of driving on a highway. Text on the object reads: Moving With Metric. Additional text reads: U.S. Department of Transportation (/) Federal Highway Administration.
- This is Federal Highway Administration publication FHWA-SA-94-018, reportedly published in 1997.
- This publication is listed in the Open Library at https://openlibrary.org/books/OL17572757M/Moving_with_metric.
- Currently not on view
- Data Source
- National Museum of American History
- Federal Highway Administration
- date made
- ca 1997
- Credit Line
- Gift of Jeffrey Tinsley
- Physical Description
- paper (overall material)
- overall: .1 cm x 20 cm x 35 cm; 1/32 in x 7 7/8 in x 13 25/32 in
- folded: 10 cm x 10 cm x 10 cm; 3 15/16 in x 3 15/16 in x 3 15/16 in
- Object Name
- geometric model