Poster Entitled Metric Is A Perfect Ten
- .This colorful poster was distributed by the National Aeronautics and Space Association of the United States government to publicize the metric system. Printed on it is the message: METRIC (/) IS A (/) PERFECT (/) 10. The right edge of the 1 in 10 is divided into ten units. Each of these is divided in half. The entire edge measures 39 centimeters.
- In smaller print the poster reads: Metric Transition: (/) A Federal Government Initiative. The NASA logo also is printed. The object is undated.
- In 1991, President Bush issued an executive order encouraging the use of the metric system. Some sources suggest that the poster was issued in 1992, perhaps in response to this order. R. Maxwell Tinsley, who collected this poster, died in the year 2000
- "Metric is a Perfect Ten," Iowa Digital Library, accessed October 11, 2019. This website gives a date of publication for the poster of 1992. How long it was published is unclear.
- Currently not on view
- Data Source
- National Museum of American History
- National Aeronautics and Space Administration
- date made
- ca 1992
- Credit Line
- Gift of Jeffrey Tinsley
- Physical Description
- paper (overall material)
- overall: 36 in x 24 in x 1/16 in; 91.44 cm x 60.96 cm x .127 cm
- Object Name