Keuffel & Esser Analon Slide Rule Instruction Manual and Related Documentation
- This green hardcover instruction manual, lifetime guarantee certificate, and leaflet on "How to Take Care of Your Slide Rule" were received with MA.333923. The citation information for the manual is: Michael P. Smyth, Analon Engineering – Science Analysis Slide Rule Instruction Manual (New York: Keuffel & Esser, 1967). A scan is found at "Keuffel & Esser, Specialty Slide Rules," International Slide Rule Museum, http://sliderulemuseum.com/KE_Specialty.htm. Smyth taught electrical engineering at the University of Pennsylvania. The manual describes the Analon slide rule; defines dimensions, units, and dimensional analysis; suggests applications; and provides practice problems.
- The certificate has model number S22-4. The model number for the leaflet about caring for a K&E slide rule is S14-5. The leaflet is small (4 X 3 inches) and was copyrighted in 1944, 1949, 1958, and 1962. Users were to clean the slide rule only with a moistened cloth. Instructions are provided for adjusting and aligning the slide rule.
- Currently not on view
- Data Source
- National Museum of American History
- Smyth, Michael P.
- Keuffel & Esser Co.
- date made
- Credit Line
- Gift of Keuffel & Esser Company
- Physical Description
- paper (overall material)
- overall: 21.2 cm x 13.5 cm; 8 11/32 in x 5 5/16 in
- Object Name