- This deteriorating 16-page booklet was received with 1996.3077.01. It was copyrighted in 1919, but the address "340 Sansome St." is handwritten on page 3. Since the Computer Manufacturing Company of San Francisco did not move to this location until 1921, the instrument and manual were probably sent out in 1921 or later.
- The manual contains general instructions, instructions for using the dial alone, instructions for separately using the linear slide rule attached to the instrument, hints for speed and accuracy, fundamental examples, technical details for calculating with logarithms and exponents, and practical applications from payroll to cube roots. Stamped on pages 8–9 is the text: ANOTHER HINT FOR SPEED (/) In locating answer coil, when a (/) check is desired, set slide ROUGHLY. Pages 9–16 are accessed by folding out the pages from the binding.
- Currently not on view
- Data Source
- National Museum of American History
- Computer Manufacturing Company
- date made
- Credit Line
- Gift of B.K. Lunde, in memory of Roy Kegerreis
- Physical Description
- paper (overall material)
- overall: .2 cm x 12.5 cm x 20 cm; 3/32 in x 4 29/32 in x 7 7/8 in
- Object Name
International media Interoperability Framework
IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.