Overshot coverlet fragment; Connecticut
- Fragment of a blue and white, cotton and wool, 4 harness overshot coverlet weave; "Demon's Fancy," used for many years as a drugget by the family of E. D. Chapmin, CT and woven by one of his ancestors.
- Because of the donor, Mrs. Allen's, importance in teaching and preserving early handweaving, and the use of materials she collected in books on the subject, NMAH should keep the fragments she donated in the collection, as part of the national woven coverlet collection.
- Currently not on view
- Data Source
- National Museum of American History
- Credit Line
- Gift of Laura M. Allen
- Physical Description
- cotton, wool (overall material)
- overshot (overall production method/technique)
- Object Name
- coverlet fragment