Vega-Vox IV Tenor Banjo
- Smithsonian Museum
- National Museum of American History
- This four-string tenor banjo was made by the Vega Instrument Company Inc. of Boston, Massachusetts around 1965-1966. It is a "Vega-Vox IV" model, serial number A-125768, with a carved neck and an elaborate resonator. This banjo is listed in the 1964 Vega banjo flyer as selling for $930.00 plus $75.00 extra for the carved neck. In the late 1950s-early 1960s when a “folk-revival” boom hit in the United States, Vega was one of the few companies still producing banjos.
- Currently not on view
- Vega Instrument Co., Inc.
- Date Made
- Credit Line
- Gift of Sharon L. Faina, In loving memory of H. E. Burton from his family
- overall: 34 1/2 in x 13 1/2 in x 3 1/2 in; 87.63 cm x 34.29 cm x 8.89 cm
- Object Type