Stratocaster Electric Guitar
- Description (Brief)
- This electric guitar was made by Fender Musical Instrument Corp. in Scottsdale, Arizona in 1995. It is a reissue of the 1957 design with a two-tone sunburst finish. The Stratocaster is arguably the most successful and influential electric guitar ever produced. It is easily identified by its double cutaways, contoured body, and three pickups. It also features Fender's vibrato or tremolo system that allows players to raise or lower the pitch of the strings. In the hands of Buddy Holly, Jimi Hendrix, Buddy Guy, Eric Clapton, Bonnie Raitt, and many other musicians, the "Strat" has become an American icon.
- Currently not on view
- Data Source
- National Museum of American History
- Fender Musical Instruments Corp.
- date made
- Credit Line
- Gift of Fender Musical Instruments Corporation
- overall: 12 1/2 in x 38 1/2 in; 31.75 cm x 97.79 cm
- Object Name