Smithsonian Institution Collections
Prince's Yellow Cloud Electric Guitar
- Smithsonian Museum
- National Museum of American History, Kenneth E. Behring Center
- Custom-made in 1989 by the Minneapolis, Minn., firm of Knut-Koupee Enterprises, this Yellow-cloud electric guitar was designed and used by Prince. The musician's distinctive personal symbol adorns both the top and the side of the fingerboard. Custom work for famous instrumentalists and musicians provides an important marketing tool for small-scale guitar makers.
- Currently not on view
- Haugen, Barry
- Rusan, David
- Knut-Koupee Enterprises, Inc.
- Date Made
- Credit Line
- Gift of Paisley Park Enterprises through Skip Johnson
- overall: 38 1/2 in x 11 1/2 in x 2 3/4 in; 97.79 cm x 29.21 cm x 6.985 cm
- Object Type