- The pineapple motif, often associated with hospitality, was pieced-and-appliqued on sixteen 13-inch white blocks for this mid-19th century quilt. The blocks are framed by appliqued swags with small pineapples and buds, also of orange and green cottons. According to family information, it was made by the great-great-great aunt of the donor, unfortunately no name was given.
- Currently not on view
- Data Source
- National Museum of American History
- date made
- Credit Line
- Gift of Miss Lenore Fallen
- Physical Description
- fabric, cotton (overall material)
- thread, cotton (overall material)
- filling, cotton (overall material)
- overall: 77 in x 75 in; 196 cm x 191 cm
- Object Name
International media Interoperability Framework
IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.