- The five-shot .44 caliber Kerr revolver was manufactured in England by the London Armoury Company and could be fired either single or double-action. Nearly all Kerr revolvers imported during the Civil War were purchased by the Confederacy and were preferred by many Confederate cavalrymen.
- Data Source
- National Museum of American History
- Kerr, James
- London Armoury Company
- Credit Line
- Commander Clark E. Kauffman
- Physical Description
- steel (overall material)
- wood (overall material)
- overall: 6 1/2 in x 11 in x 1 1/2 in; 16.51 cm x 27.94 cm x 3.81 cm
- Object Name
- Other Terms
- revolver; Firearms; Navy; Percussion Fire; .45 In; Rifled; Muzzle Load; 2B; Sa
International media Interoperability Framework
IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.