- A red Advanced Fresh Concepts Corporation (AFC) sushi chef coat with a double-buttoned front and 10 buttons. It has a pocket on the right side and the AFC logo on the left side in green, yellow, grey, and blue threading. It has the AFC logo on the sleeve on the left side and a pocket on the sleeve on the right side. Similar to styles of other sushi chef coats, this coat has a loose fit and is long enough to cover the upper thigh area. The neck area is also slightly covered by the short collar.
- The coat belonged to the AFC Corporation in California that distributes fresh sushi products to supermarkets around the nation. It has been worn in the Publix supermarket’s Greenwise Stores since 2009. This jacket is purchased through Chef Works, Inc., a manufacturer and distributor of customizable chef clothing. AFC Corporation customized this generic style of jacket by adding the AFC logo on the right chest area and right sleeve, and the color of it reflects AFC Corporation’s intention of having the uniform blend in with the overall color scheme of the local store.
- Currently not on view
- Data Source
- National Museum of American History
- Chef Works, Inc.
- date made
- ca 2009
- Physical Description
- polyester (overall material)
- cotton (overall material)
- overall: 40 1/4 in x 30 7/8 in x 1/8 in; 102.235 cm x 78.4225 cm x .3175 cm
- Object Name
International media Interoperability Framework
IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.