Sushi Bar Concept Drawing
- Photocopy of a concept drawing of a sushi bar for the AFC Corporation.
- In the drawing, the sushi chef is wearing a red and white striped uniform with a red apron. The red banner with “SUSHI” printed in white hangs above her as advertisement. The employee stands behind the sushi bar as she publicly prepares fresh products for customers. The open refrigerated space contains a variety of round sushi platters as well as rectangular pre-packaged sushi plates, all neatly organized. Above are a menu and a few samples of hand rolls. There is only one visible employee operating the sushi bar.
- This concept drawing reveals AFC’s vision for their sushi bars across supermarkets nationwide. The drawing shows the sushi bar fully stocked and organized. The sushi chef is at work preparing the sushi in full view of the customer showing it is freshly made. The drawing also envisions the sushi bars to be operated solo, though in reality, many of AFC’s sushi bars were operated by more than one employee.
- Currently not on view
- Data Source
- National Museum of American History
- date made
- ca 1980s
- Physical Description
- paper (overall material)
- overall: 11 in x 8 1/2 in; 27.94 cm x 21.59 cm
- Object Name