Sushi Wasabi Powder
- A packet of wasabi powder from AFC’s first generation product line.
- As evident on their packaging, no preservatives, food colors nor artificial flavors were used to create this product. The packet is a simple white and green print, with “ALL NATURAL” written across the top. “Sushi Wasabi Green Horse Radish” is printed in the center, along with AFC’s first generation logo. The bottom reads “NET WT. 0.88 oz. (25g)” and “AFC CORP.” is printed below. The backside has a white background with the barcode, ingredients, distributor, preparation and usage information, and a general description of wasabi.
- Wasabi powder is made from wasabi root that is washed, ground into powder and immediately freeze-dried. Wasabi is traditionally used as a condiment for sushi, and has health benefits such as guarding against food poisoning. The wasabi powder can be mixed with water to create a thick wasabi paste.
- Currently not on view
- Data Source
- National Museum of American History
- Advanced Fresh Concepts Franchise Corp.
- date made
- ca 1980s
- Physical Description
- processed material (unspecified) (overall material)
- overall: 5 in x 4 9/16 in; 12.7 cm x 11.58875 cm
- Object Name