- This cardboard sheet describes a Thacher cylindrical slide rule with a magnifying glass that was manufactured and sold by Keuffel & Esser of New York in the early 20th century as model 4013. (In the late 19th century, K&E numbered the instrument as 1741.) It apparently was used as an exhibit label around 1966 at the Museum of Science & Industry in Chicago, the previous owner of the related instrument.
- See also MA.327886.
- Currently not on view
- Data Source
- National Museum of American History
- Museum of Science and Industry
- date made
- ca 1966
- Credit Line
- Gift of the Museum of Science and Industry, Chicago
- Physical Description
- paper (overall material)
- overall: 25.4 cm x 19 cm x .1 cm; 10 in x 7 15/32 in x 1/32 in
- Object Name
International media Interoperability Framework
IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.