Ulysses S. Grant Gold GAR Membership badge
- This gold Grand Army of the Republic (GAR) membership badge was presented to Ulysses S. Grant on December 18, 1879. The GAR was established in Decatur, Illinois in 1866. The organization was established on three pillars: fraternity, charity, and loyalty. These ideals would serve communities of veterans, orphans, and widows after the war.
- Currently not on view
- Data Source
- National Museum of American History
- associated person
- Grant, Ulysses S.
- associated institution
- Grand Army of the Republic
- Physical Description
- gold (pendant material)
- cloth (suspension ribbon material)
- overall: 4 1/4 in x 1 1/2 in x 1/4 in; 10.795 cm x 3.81 cm x .635 cm
- Object Name