Canyon de Chelly National Monument
- Description (Brief)
- Gelatin Silver Print by Ansel Adams of Canyon de Chelly National Monument located in Arizona.
- Ansel Adams (1902-1984) is one of the most well-known twentieth century photographers. His contributions to the field of photography include his innovation and teaching of the Zone System. The quality of his photographs set the standard by which many straight photographs are judged.
- The collection in the Photographic History Collection consists of twenty-five photographs, all printed in or about 1968. All are gelatin silver, mounted, labeled and signed in ink by the photographer. The photographs include some of his most well-known images, but also portraits and objects. The selection of images was made in collaboration between the collecting curator and Adams.
- Data Source
- National Museum of American History
- Adams, Ansel
- negative made
- print made
- Credit Line
- Reproductions held by the Center for Creative Photography--ARIZONA
- Physical Description
- paper (overall material)
- overall: 35.4 cm x 45.6 cm; 13 15/16 in x 17 15/16 in
- Object Name
- Object Type