- Unless people imprisoned in the camps could get outside friends to send them supplies, internees had to rely on what they could find or repurpose for their crafts. For example, this necklace was made from buttons that were used on overalls. Approximately 76 buttons were used to make this necklace.
- Currently not on view
- Data Source
- National Museum of American History
- Credit Line
- Gift of Mabel Rose Vogel
- Physical Description
- buttons (overall material)
- thread (overall material)
- overall: 14 1/2 in x 1 1/4 in; 36.83 cm x 3.175 cm
- Object Name
International media Interoperability Framework
IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.