Pickett 140-ES Microline Student Duplex Slide Rule
- This ten-inch yellow plastic duplex linear slide rule has a clear plastic indicator. The posts holding the rule together are also yellow plastic. The front of the base has LL2, LL3, and DF scales at the top and D, LL2, and LL3 scales at the bottom. The front of the slide has CF, CIF, L, CI, and C scales. The left end of the slide is marked: PickETT (/) MICROLINE (/) 140. The right end is stamped with the Pickett logo used between 1964 and 1975.
- The back of the base has LL1, K, and A scales at the top and D, DI, and LL1 scales at the bottom. The back of the slide has B, S, ST, T, and C scales. The right end of the slide is also stamped with the 1964–1975 Pickett logo, featuring block letters with a triangle over the "I".
- The rule slides into a black imitation leather stitched sheath. Earlier Pickett rules that were also intended for use by middle and high school students include 1991.0445.02 and 1984.1068.03.
- Currently not on view
- Data Source
- National Museum of American History
- Pickett Industries
- date made
- Credit Line
- Gift of Myron R. Smith
- Physical Description
- plastic (overall material)
- overall: 2 cm x 33 cm x 7.7 cm; 25/32 in x 13 in x 3 1/32 in
- Object Name
- slide rule