Energy Ontario DriveSave Fuel Economy Calculator Slide Rule
- In 1982 the government of the Canadian province of Ontario prepared this silver and orange paper linear slide rule for motorists. The front cover is marked: Energy (/) Ontario. It is also marked: fuel (/) economy (/) calculator. It is also marked: DriveSave (/) Improving the Fuel Economy (/) of Automobiles in Ontario. Inside are instructions for tracking distances driven and fuel purchases on a provided "fuel economy log" and for calculating miles per gallon or liters per 100 kilometers with the provided slide rule.
- The back cover contains driving and maintenance tips for improving fuel economy. It is marked: Ontario. It is also marked: Ministry of (/) Transportation and (/) Communications (/) Hon. James W. Snow (/) Minister. It is also marked: Ministry (/) of (/) Energy (/) Hon. Robert Welch (/) Minister. DriveSave was located in the Ministry of Transportation offices in Downsview, Ontario. Snow served from 1975 to 1984, and Welch served from 1979 to 1983.
- Currently not on view
- Data Source
- National Museum of American History
- Province of Ontario
- date made
- Credit Line
- Transfer from Division of Engineering and Industry
- Physical Description
- paper (overall material)
- overall: .2 cm x 17.9 cm x 8.5 cm; 1/16 in x 7 1/16 in x 3 3/8 in
- Object Name
- calculating rule
- slide rule