- Description (Brief)
- Costume worn by American figure skater Kristi Yamaguchi (b. 1971) as a member of the "Stars on Ice" tour, with whom she performed from 1992 - 2002..
- Yamaguchi, a native Californian, became the first Asian American woman to win an Olympic gold medal in figure skating when she finished first in women's singles at the 1992 Winter Games (Albertville, Canada.)
- The skater also won two World Figure Skating Championships (1991 & 1992.) She was also an accomplished pairs skater, winning two U.S. championships with partner Rudy Galindo in 1989 and 1990.
- Currently not on view
- Data Source
- National Museum of American History
- Yamaguchi, Kristi
- Sheehan, Lauren
- date made
- Credit Line
- Gift from Kristi Yamaguchi
- Physical Description
- fabric (overall material)
- plastic (overall material)
- overall: 69 cm x 35.5 cm; 27 5/32 in x 13 31/32 in
- overall, mounted: 29 1/2 in x 18 in x 15 in; 74.93 cm x 45.72 cm x 38.1 cm
- Object Name
- skating costume
International media Interoperability Framework
IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.