- Description (Brief)
- The Spencer repeating rifle took a magazine in the stock holding seven metallic cartridges. The trigger guard was a lever that loaded cartridges and ejected spent shells. This particular rifle was used by Abraham Lincoln for target practice at the White House. The rifle was borrowed from the Navy Department and was fired in the "White Lot."
- Currently not on view
- Data Source
- National Museum of American History
- associated person
- Lincoln, Abraham
- Spencer Repeating Arms Company
- date made
- ca 1862
- overall: 47 1/4 in; 120.015 cm
- Object Name
International media Interoperability Framework
IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.