"Allied Soldiers at Attention" dress silk, Mallinson's La Victoire series II
- "Allied Soldiers at Attention" is a design from the second La Victoire series, produced by H.R. Mallinson & Co. in conjunction with the Peace Conference held after the armistice that ended the fighting in World War I. A tribute to the armed forces of the Allied nations, this design from the second La Victoire series features five soldiers in dress uniforms with their national emblems – perhaps a guard of honor for the peace negotiations then in progress at the Palace of Versailles, whose gardens and fountains appear in the background. Printed in five brilliant colors on a black ground of Mallinson's trademark "Pussy Willow.",
- Currently not on view
- Data Source
- National Museum of American History
- H. R. Mallinson & Co. Inc.
- date made
- Credit Line
- Gift of H.R. Mallinson & Co., Inc.
- Physical Description
- silk (overall material)
- black ground (overall color)
- plain weave, cylinder printed (overall production method/technique)
- overall: 36 in x 40 in; 91.44 cm x 101.6 cm
- Object Name
- fabric length